Pronounced: [aw-ren-duh, oh ren-]
Orenda's Call is dedicated to providing education, insight, tools and techniques to increase the power of your personal Orenda.
What is Orenda?
A modern definition: A mystical, divine force within every human being. Orenda empowers people to change the world in a positive, loving way. Orenda is the energy that effects change in One's own life. The opposing force to fate or destiny.
Origins: We prefer the more encompassing Native American concept of Orenda as a powerful, spiritual force inherent in varying degrees in all things. The spiritual force by which human accomplishment is attained or accounted for. Orenda is a transmissible spiritual energy capable of being exerted according to the will of its possessor as a successful hunter's Orenda overcomes that of his quarry. Orenda has been deemed to be a motive force behind miracles, soothsaying, divination, prophecy, blessing, cursing, prayer, worship, and superstitions.
- Shaman are considered to be "one who's orenda is great and powerful.
- In conflicts between nations, orenda determines the outcome.
- In nature, storms are said to possess great orenda.
- Orenda can be transmitted in many ways, i.e. through song, bird, shaman or rabbit put forth orenda.
- The orenda of the rabbit controls the snow and fixes the depth to which it will fall. (Darwin and Modern Science, A.C. Edwards)
- When a storm is brewing, the "magician" is said to be making its orenda.
- That speaker's orenda was so strong, she made me feel I had the energy to change the world.